Thursday, April 23, 2009

Morning Moment

Caution:  the following story is not for those who are easily offended. 

I've decided that having an almost 3-year-old is my favorite so far.  I'm always so surprised by the things that come out of his mouth and infinitely entertained by them.  Lately we've been using him as a messenger to relay messages to each other.  Last night it was something like this: "Tell Daddy you pooped in his shoes."  Then, "Tell Mommy you pooped in the refrigerator."  This went on for half an hour and every one involved got some good laughs.  

This morning I was changing Eli out of his night-time diaper and as usual, he was very observant.  This was our conversation:

ELI:  Mommy, my wiener is too big again.
ME:  Oh really...
ELI:  Yes, too big.  
ME:  Hmmm
ELI:  Who made it so big?
ME:  [Pause]
ELI:  I guess Jesus did
ME:  Umm, I guess so

Then I went into a long discourse about how God made the Earth and everything in it, including man and his wiener.  It was an excellently teachable moment.  Maybe I should consider home-schooling after all.  My children will be very learned and acceptable in society.  

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment