Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Toddler Talk

I love it when the most simple thoughts and words of Eli make me smile for the entire day.  We always have funny little conversations when he first wakes up and I am changing his clothes.  Sometimes he is still a little sleepy so his thoughts are extra funny.  

Here is this morning's dialog:

Eli:  Mommy, Jesus is making my wiener bigger (this is his opening line every day.  I have no idea where it comes from or when it will end.  I try not to make a big deal out of it so maybe the idea will fade).  
Eli:  I love Jesus.  I love God too.  
Me:  I do too.  
Eli:  We are going to get another kitty, Mommy.  We are going to get the biggest kitty ever and then we are going to give him to Jesus.  We can give Lorenzo too.  

The other day, in a desperate act, fueled by sleep deprivation, we allowed Eli to sleep in our bed in the middle of the night.  He tossed and turned and talked in his sleep for the majority of it.  But the thing that made Mark and me laugh out loud was to hear what he was talking about in his dreams.  We kept hearing "Ladybugs!" and "Butterflies!" He must have been enjoying a pleasant dream sequence like you see in a movie.  That's better than the past when it has been giant monsters that Eli has to save himself and his best friend Sofia from.    

Maybe I should stop letting Eli watch the Alien movies and reading aloud from the Lord of the Rings books right before bed...  


1 comment:

  1. this is why i want to have a boy. I think it is so funny how he has discovered it and can't get over it being there, it just cracks me up. I am sure the days of him constantly touching myself while your are shopping are apon you and embarrassing. I see those moms in the store always smacking at the childs hand. It is so funny.

    ReplyDelete