Monday, November 22, 2010

Beautiful Blunder

Disclaimer, if you are easily shocked or outraged, you may want to stop reading.

Today I told Eli I was thinking of entering Marina into a Beautiful Baby contest (yes, I plan to exploit her) so she can win college tuition and a year's worth of free food.  He told me that was not a good idea.  The conversation went something like this:

Me:  Eli, should we enter Marina into the Beautiful Baby contest?
Eli:  NO!
Me:  Why not?
Eli:  Because she is not beautiful!
Me:  Really?  You don't think she's beautiful?
Eli:  No!  Because she's got no long hair or boobies.

Meet my son.  He's four, going on fourteen.  I honestly don't know where he got this idea.  Usually I can trace most of his shocking behavior back to myself (though I rarely admit it) but this was over the line.  Since I was so surprised by his comment, I didn't really correct him.  I just turned away so I could laugh.  I think his dad is going to have to sit him down for a man-to-man conversation about his shallow regard for females with certain assets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment