As an update to my last blog from a few hours ago...
I came home from work in time to help Mark put the kids to bed. As I changed Marina's diaper and noticed a peculiar smell, she reached her hand down and yanked it up half way up to her chest. That's when I realized the smell was poop and it was now all over the front of her shirt and smeared on her legs. She was also lying on the carpeted floor of Eli's room so I knew we had a bit of a poop emergency on our hands (literally). I told Eli to quickly summon his father while I held the baby and diaper still; any movement could make a drastic difference in our clean-up situation. Before Eli obeyed, he wanted me explain to him exactly what was going on, which took up time that we didn't have. Marina is a squirmy little stinker and holding her still while you change a diaper is like an unrealistic dream. Finally, Mark came up and held her arms while I used 140 wipes to clean up her little body and tried to maneuver her shirt off of her without leaving a poop streak over her face and through her hair. I sang songs and tried to be patient in spite of having nerves that felt like I had them stretched in a torture device. But finally pajamas found their way on two children and there is relative silence in the house.
I might add that Eli mentioned to me that he didn't want to eat all his dinner because the chicken was burning his mouth.
I am now sitting here on the couch, eating dry, salty chicken over rice (whoever told me that you couldn't dry out chicken in a crock pot was mistaken) with a generous glass of cheap wine. Lorenzo has some sort of mysterious cat cold that is causing him to sneeze all the time and he just decided to sneeze all over my salty dinner plate. Oh well...
Also, I am enjoying the irony of the name of our wireless network - "OhYouSalty" as I sip wine and choke on chicken.
Lily....
ReplyDeleteYours is the only blog that makes me laugh out loud every time I read it! Thanks for the creative outlook on life!
I am holding my own Eli as I read this. I am trying really hard not to laugh because I don't want my jostling to wake him up. It is pretty hopeless though, you're just too darn funny.
ReplyDelete